The 12th International Electronics Recycling Congress IERC 2013 will take place from January 16 – 18, 2013 in Salzburg, Austria.
Over 500 experts from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present the newest information and challenges of the WEEE recycling business.
The preliminary program includes sessions on:
- Round table discussion with industry leaders: “free trade vs. fair trade”
- How do electronics manufacturing companies close the recycling loop?
- Worldwide take back schemes and challenges of OEMs
- Size matters – Economy of scale of WEEE recycling and future challenges
- WEEE recast, E-scrap recycling standards, compliance and controls
- Reports about strategic metals recycling (PGM, rare earth elements)
- How to recycle E-waste containing hazardous elements
- Robbery of materials and illegal exports
- Challenges of collection and logistics
- Best available recycling technologies
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The congress is also offering plant tours to:
- Copper smelter
- Electronics recycling plant
- Lighting and flat screen recycling plant
- Metal scrap and sorting yard
- Plastics recycling plant
For more information, please contact:
International Congress & Marketing
5708 Birrwil, Switzerland
Phone: +41 62 785 10 00
Fax: +41 62 785 10 05